3.7 Microscale Activities3.7 Microscale Activities
If possible, consider switching to microscale experiments. Benefits might include:
- Reduced costs in chemical purchases and hazardous waste disposal.
- Shorter analysis times.
- Possibly less glassware breakage.
- Less hazardous chemical exposure to employees and students.
- Minimized potential for fires and explosions.
- Less space required for chemical and hazardous waste storage.
For more information and training on microscale activities, check out the webpage for the National Microscale Chemistry Center located at Merrimack College.