Cornell Vehicle Occupancy Guidelines
These guidelines apply to the use of vehicles for University business at the Ithaca campus. These policies are in addition to usual rental policies. For additional information on Fleet Services Rental Policies, see COVID-19 Fleet Rental Policies.
- Sharing a vehicle may result in a mandatory quarantine for all unvaccinated occupants in the event that one person tests positive for COVID-19.
- When possible, travel with the windows open to increase airflow and do not operate the vehicle’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system on recirculating air mode. The recirculating air button should be off.
- For faculty, staff, and students maximum vehicle occupancy may be observed:
- Face coverings are required at all times except when alone in-vehicle, eating or drinking
- 12 passenger vans are not considered "public transit" unless the ridership contains non-Cornell passengers
- For public transit maximum vehicle occupancy may be observed:
- Face coverings are required at all times except when eating or drinking
- 12 passenger vans are considered "public transit" when the ridership contains non-Cornell passengers