Appendix G - EHS Video Library
EHS has developed a safety video YouTube channel. We expect to continue to add to this library, so if you have suggestions about topics for videos that would provide useful to your constituencies, please let us know at askEHS@cornell.edu and we'll do our best to meet this need.
In addition, we maintain 3 Twitter feeds:
@cornelllabsafe - laboratory safety, nanotech and green chemistry news
@acsdchas - hazmat incidents and information
@labsustain - news related laboratory sustainability
All three of these twitter feeds are active, with 3 to 5 tweets per day.
We also recommend these videos from other campuses:
- A Day in the Lab (University of California San Diego): This video describes the importance of laboratory safety from the perspective a Principal Investigator.
- Working with Pyrophoric Reagents (from University of California, San Diego): This page has three videos:
- Flash Chromatography (from Uniiversity of California, San Diego Environmental Health and Safety): The following video provides a brief overview of the hazards associated with flash chromatography.
- Experimenting with Danger (24:05) US Chemical Safety Board overview of academic lab safetyThis video describes hazards associated with research at chemical laboratories in academic institutions.
- Carbon Nanotubes Risks - exposure, chemistry and physical form (University of Michigan Risk Science Center) An overview of the factors to consider in assessing health risks associated with carbon nanotubes
Additional Laboratory Safety Resources:
- PowerPoint of "Working Safely in the Laboratory": Working safely in the laboratory and Working safe quiz chemical version
- PowerPoint and quiz for "Introduction to the GHS System for Lab Workers": GHS update for labs and GHS Update quiz
- The video version of GHS Updates for Cornell Labs
- Cornell University Biological Safety Manual
- Cornell University Laboratory Safety Manual
- Biosafety in the Laboratory
- American Chemical Society, Safety in Academic Chemistry Laboratories
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory from the National Research Council
- Identifying and Evaluating Hazards in Research Laboratories