9.6 Campus Prior Approval9.6 Campus Prior Approval
There are some circumstances where prior approval from a campus research related committee is required before beginning an operation or activity. These include:
- Research using live vertebrate animals:
- contact the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee at 607-253-3516.
- Recombinant DNA use:
- contact the Institutional Biosafety Committee at 607-255-5013.
- Use of Radioactive Materials:
- contact the EHS Radiation Safety Group at 607-255-8200.
- Use of Human Subjects:
- contact the University Committee on Human Subjects at 607-255-5138.
- Purchases involving Poison Inhalation Hazards:
Additional information can be obtained from the Office of Research and Integrity Assurance webpage for Compliance with Government Regulations.