2.4 Principal Investigators / Functional Supervisors Responsibilities2.4 Principal Investigators / Functional Supervisors Responsibilities
For laboratories, the principal investigator (PI) or his/her designee, and for other campus work areas, the functional supervisor, have the responsibility to ensure the personnel working under their direction follow all policies and procedures established in this manual. General responsibilities include:
- Attending Chemical Waste Disposal Training - either live or online.
- Proper identification and labeling of chemicals.
- Collecting all chemical wastes in accordance with established guidelines.
- Cleaning up incidental spills (with the proper training and spill equipment).
- Maintaining good housekeeping in waste generation areas.