2.5 Students / Employees Responsibilities
Cornell students and other university personnel working with hazardous chemicals must follow the requirements and guidelines presented in this manual. These responsibilities include:
- Attending Chemical Waste Disposal Training - either live or online.
- Proper identification and labeling of chemicals.
- Collecting all chemical wastes in accordance with established guidelines.
- Identifying all spent or surplus materials using the technical knowledge within the department.
- Packaging, labeling, and storing all chemical wastes in accordance with established guidelines.
- Consulting with supervisors and/or EHS regarding the safe handling and proper disposal of hazardous waste chemicals when they are unsure or have questions.