5.4.1 Incidental Spills
A spill is considered incidental if the criteria below are met:
- The spill is a small quantity of a known chemical.
- No gases or vapors are present that require respiratory protection.
- You have the materials and equipment needed to clean up the spill.
- You have the necessary proper personal protective (PPE) equipment available.
- You understand the hazards posed by the spilled chemical.
- You know how to clean up the spill.
- You feel comfortable cleaning up the spill.
- You know how to properly dispose of spill cleanup procedures.
- You have a procedure to replace items used during the spill cleanup.