The Cornell University Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) professionals are available to evaluate workplace, research or education use of chemical, radiation, biological and physical hazards and provide recommendations in regards to reproductive health.
The reproductive health program encompasses faculty, staff and students who are contemplating having children, currently pregnant or nursing. A reproductive health assessment entails a short questionnaire to identify concerns and potential hazards. A follow up meeting to discuss the questionnaire, answer any questions and provide guidance on safe practices is recommended. As these reviews are confidential, this is best accomplished in an area that is requested by the individual based on their preference.
- Cornell Career/Life Programs
- Cornell Wellness Programs
- Ergonomics Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention Program
Laboratory and Research Resources:
- Lab Safety Manual: 9.8 Reproductive Toxins
- Radiation Safety Manual: 8.2 Pregnant Radiation Workers
- Animal Users Health Safety Program