Skip to main content

How To Report An Emergency

In an Emergency Call 911

To report an emergency occurring on campus:

  • On a Cornell phone, dial 911. (Do not dial 5-911 or 9-911) The Public Safety Communications Center will notify Cornell Police, Cornell EHS Emergency Services, and Cornell EMS directly. Public Safety will also contact local police or fire departments, ambulance, and other services as appropriate.
  • You can also use any outdoor Blue Light phone (located throughout the campus) or designated emergency phone (in various campus buildings) to report a campus emergency. Just pick up the receiver.
  • To report a campus emergency to Cornell Public Safety Communications Center using a cell phone or pay phone, dial (607) 255-1111.