Skip to main content

Research Use of Controlled Substances

Research use of controlled substances

The use of controlled substances in research at Cornell University requires complying with state and federal regulations including New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) licensing and the federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration. Environment, Health and Safety is prepared to assist researchers in meeting the requirements for obtaining, using, storing, securing and disposing of controlled substances.

Contact Environment, Health and Safety for any work involving controlled substances prior to applying for NYSDOH license and DEA registration. 

Written Program/Manuals

Frequently Asked Questions