4.3.1 Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator
By regulation, facilities are categorized as Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generators (CESQG) if:
- They generate less than 100 kilograms (220 pounds) of hazardous waste in any given calendar month.
- No more than 2,200 pounds of hazardous waste (or 2.2 pounds of acutely hazardous waste, P-listed) may be on site at any one time.
CESQG hazardous waste is exempt from most RCRA regulations. However, these facilities:
Must identify all hazardous wastes they generate.
- May send wastes to a facility that:
- Beneficially uses or reuses, or legitimately recycles or reclaims, waste.
- Is permitted by EPA or the state to treat waste prior to beneficial use or reuse, or legitimate recycling or reclamation. programs.