5.4 Incidental Disturbance
- 5.4.1 An incidental disturbance is defined as the unintentional disturbance of ACM or PACM. The clean-up of an incidental disturbance must be conducted by a licensed asbestos abatement contractor. An environmental consultant under the direction of the Asbestos Coordinator will oversee the clean-up response. EHS can provide assistance as needed.
- 5.4.2 In the event an employee discovers an incidental disturbance of asbestos, the following protocol shall be followed:
- Do not attempt to clean up the ACM or PACM
- Immediately vacate the room and restrict access to room using signage and barrier/caution tape
- Issue an emergency Service Request to the Asbestos Coordinator by contacting Customer Service at 607-255-5322. State that you have an “asbestos incidental disturbance”
- Outside of normal business hours, call CU Police at 607-255-1111 to report an asbestos incidental disturbance or emergency.
- 5.4.3 For additional information regarding the incidental disturbances and asbestos related emergencies see Standard Operating Procedure HS16_ASB_SOP002 Asbestos Incidental Disturbances and Emergency Response.