5.2 Asbestos Abatement
- 5.2.1 Any asbestos that may be impacted by the renovation, maintenance, repair, investigation or demolition activity must be abated prior to the commencement of such activity. Asbestos abatement and repair must be performed by a licensed asbestos abatement contractor.
- 5.2.2 Asbestos abatement and repair services are typically managed through the Asbestos Coordinator. To initiate an asbestos abatement or repair project, contact Customer Service at 607-255-5322 to have a Service Request generated. Large scale renovation or demolition projects asbestos abatement may be contractually managed by the project General Contractor.
- 5.2.3 Asbestos survey and project records shall be provided electronically to the Asbestos coordinator upon completion of the project.
- 5.2.4 Projects involving endowed college buildings in Ithaca City limits require permitting from Ithaca City.
- 5.2.5 Projects involving contract college buildings require permitting by the University Code Enforcement representative.