Automotive Lift Training Guide
Automotive Lift Training Guide HS_GD_007
Vehicle lift training must be provided to employees before they are allowed to operate a lift. Training should include classroom and hands-on training elements.
Vehicle lift operators must be qualified and trained in the safe use and operation of the specific lift in use. Training must include a review of the:
- Manufacturer’s Operating Instructions
- ALI/SM01-1, ALI Lifting it Right Safety Manual
- ALI/ST-90 ALI Safety Tips Card
- ANSI/ALI ALOIM-2008, American National Standard for Automotive Lifts-Safety Requirements for Operation, Inspection, and Maintenance
- ALI/WL Series, ALI Uniform Warning Label Decals/Placards
- ALI/LP-GUIDE, Vehicle Lifting Points/Quick Reference Guide for Frame Engaging Lifts (when frame engaging lifts are used)
Training must be completed before an employee is allowed to operate a lift, whenever changes occur (e.g. a new lift is installed or changes are made to an existing lift), and when a serious incident (e.g. injury or near-miss) involving a lift occurs.