Fire Safety Pre-Inspection Tips
Pre-Inspection Walk through Tips
- Remove all Extension Cords and replace them with Power Strips with Over Current Protection Breakers.
- Extension Cords not being used shall be disconnected from the outlet and properly coiled up.
- No Power Strips can be plugged into another Power Strip or Extension Cord. Device used must be plugged directly into an outlet.
- Repair/Replace Frayed Electric Cords and have any Junction Boxes or Electrical Covers replaced so that connections and wires are not exposed.
- Have any Junction Boxes or Electrical Covers replaced so that connections and wires are not exposed.
- Labeled Fire Doors cannot be propped open. Remove any prop open devices.
- Properly secure any Gas Cylinders to prevent them from falling over by using Chain and or Straps to a fixed point.
- Combustible Storage cannot be within 18 inches in rooms that are protected by Sprinklers and 24 inches without sprinkler.
- Check Flame Retardant requirements for Curtains/Drapes in Assembly Spaces of 50 or more people and Lab Spaces.
- Ensure that all Hallways and Stairwells are free of obstructions especially Combustible Material Storage.
- Ensure that all Exit Signs are Illuminated and in Good Condition.
- All Ceiling Tiles are in place and not broken
- Ensure that all Fire and Life Safety equipment is accessible and not obstructed.
- Maintain Unobstructed Exits and Egress.