4.4 Facilities Management
- 4.4.1 Cornell University Facilities Services supports the Asbestos Management Program by:
- a. Providing resources to serve as asbestos coordinator(s)
- b. Hiring asbestos abatement contractors and consultants
- c. Coordinating responses to incidental and emergency disturbances
- d. Maintaining records for asbestos surveys and asbestos abatement projects
- e. Maintaining asbestos inventory
- f. Provide resources to facilitate a campus wide inventory as funding is available.
- g. Approving and maintaining the list of approved consultants and contractors that are used for any asbestos activities
- h. If Cornell University Facility Services begins to provide asbestos services of Air/Project Monitoring, Project Design, Inspector; a restricted asbestos license will need to be applied for from NYS Department of Labor.